An easy way to determine which version of Linux you are running.
Determining the exact version of Linux you are running is fairly simple.
Simply use the command cat /etc/os-release
The results will look similar to the following
[email protected]:~$ cat /etc/os-release NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION="18.04.2 LTS (Bionic Beaver)" ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS" VERSION_ID="18.04" HOME_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://help.ubuntu.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy" VERSION_CODENAME=bionic UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic
- Managing Multiple Ruby Versions in Windows
- Open Source Alternatives to Exchange
- A second lease on life for old PCs with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Blocking Runescape on a Linksys WRTG54
- Lower Merion Spy Cameras snapped 56000 pics of students
- Creating a USB stick to install Ubuntu using Rufus
- Google is now showing 360 degree street level views.