WordPress 5.2 update hangs on ‘Unpacking the update . . .’
When updating a site, you may run into a situation where WordPress 5.2 update hangs on ‘Unpacking the update.
This seems to be happening to a number of users. One suggestion was to increase the maximum execution time from 30 to 60 seconds in the php.ini file. I tried that and it didn’t work.
I did see that there was a possibility of doing a manual update. My thought is that this is a known issue affecting a large number of users so I’ll just wait for the next release of WordPress.
If you encounter a screen like the one below where it is stuck on “Unpacking the update” leaving the page SHOULD be OK. You do have your site backed up? right?
I always try updates on a non critical site first especially when updating WordPress. I have a specific site for that.
Keep an eye on the WordPress releases to see when a follow on release is published
- The issue of ‘WordPress 5.2 update hangs on ‘Unpacking the update’ is a known issue affecting a number of users and sites.
- Unless you have an urgent need to update, wait a bit to see if this is resolved in the next release.
- If the next release of WordPress doesn’t resolve the issue, then you will need to troubleshoot.
- Joomla 3.4.1 is released Saturday March 21 2015
- Updating your WordPress plugins takes your site offline temporarily – Time things accordingly.
- Google + update on Samsung Galaxy S3 giving a Can’t Load Data Error – SOLVED (At least somewhat)
- WordPress update to 3.7 caused a crash
- Server Problem, Please try later error with Google + Locations on Samsung S3 – SOLVED
- Windows 10 will force updates on home users.
- WordPress – Brute force attacks stopped with the wps-hide-login plugin
- Use the Bundle Outdated command to keep your Rails applications secure