WordPress crash after updating BackupWordPress to v 3.9 – June 10 2019
Did WordPress crash after updating BackUpWordPress? I was doing some plugin updates on my sites. When I updated a site to version 3.9 of BackupWordPress. The site crashed with an HTTP 500 error. Updated 9/13/2019
The site was running WordPress 5.1.1. I keep my plugins up to date as a standard operating procedure. The update to BackupWordPress 3.9 crashed the front and back ends with an HTTP 500 error.
I was able to get the site running again by renaming the BackupWordPress plugin folder from backupwordpress to backupwordpress.xxx and then deleting the plugin. I did that through FileZilla.
It appears that other WordPress sites are having similar issues per messages on their support board.
One user appears to have found a fix . Apparently there are two folders that are blank. Her solution was to download version 3.8 and upload the contents of those two folders. The option to download previous versions is on the backupwordpress advanced page.
I’m running out of time tonight so I’ll leave backupwordpress disasbled. I suspect that a patch will be available soon.
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- WordPress update to 3.7 caused a crash
- WordPress 5.2 update hangs on Unpacking the update
- WordPress Captcha plugin has a backdoor.
- Securing your WordPress site
- Skype video not working on an HP Vista laptop
- Opening multiple WordPress admin window for sites on a shared host results in high CPU usage.
- Joomla and fabrik issues causing Akeeba Backup Pro to hang