WordPress crash after updating BackupWordPress to v 3.9 – June 10 2019
I was doing some plugin updates on my sites. When I updated a site to version 3.9 of BackupWordPress. The site crashed with an HTTP 500 error.
The site was running WordPress 5.1.1. I keep my plugins up to date as a standard operating procedure. The update to BackupWordPress 3.9 crashed the front and back ends with an HTTP 500 error.
I was able to get the site running again by renaming the BackupWordPress plugin folder from backupwordpress to backupwordpress.xxx and then deleting the plugin.
It appears that other WordPress sites are having similar issues per messages on their support board.
One user appears to have found a fix . Apparently there are two folders that are blank. Her solution was to download version 3.8 and upload the contents of those two folders. The option to download previous versions is on the backupwordpress advanced page.
I’m running out of time tonight so I’ll leave backupwordpress disasbled. I suspect that a patch will be available soon.
- Fixing the blank / white sitemap page issue in xmap for Joomla
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- Securing your WordPress site
- SOLVED – WPS Hide Admin not working after deploying HTTPS in WordPress
- Sitemeter appears to be crashing IE7
- Disaster Recovery for Oscommerce Sites
- WordPress update to 3.7 caused a crash
- WordPress Captcha plugin has a backdoor.