I was working on an app. The app requires allowing multiple images/docs to be attached to a document.
I was getting a no method error. I had a similar function working in another app and compared the models, databases and controllers line by line.
It turned out that the problem was with the form. You need to set an HTML multipart attribute when you call the form to upload a file or files as in: Continue reading
I have not ‘upgrade’ to Windows 10 yet.
I needed to update my Oracle VM Virtualbox and found that there were some compatibility issues between Virtualbox and Windows 10
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads Continue reading
Just a quick tip – Be sure to check your Junk/Spam folders on a regular basis. I still see about 1-3 emails per week end up in junk when they should have come to my inbox.
I have changed the URL for this blog from chrismendlascorner.com to blog.chrismendlatech.com. That will be the permanent address from now on.
UPDATE January 16,2018. I have moved this blog from blog.chrismendlatech.com to www.chrismendlatech.com
I was trying to install xmap on a client’s Joomla site. The install seemed to go normally. However, when I chose Components – Xmap, I got a blank white screen. I tried installing a newer version but had the same results. Continue reading
I have a couple of old XP machines lying around. They are old machines with limited resources. Endless Windows updates have caused them to slow to the point where they would lose a race with a drunken snail.
In many cases, Linux would run more quickly on a machine than Windows. Continue reading
I had a case where a client had a fairly complicated Returns policy in two different places on their website. Rather than compare it word for word, I searched online for Compare text online. I found a site called http://www.textdiff.com/ that did a great job of comparing the two paragraphs. Continue reading
I just installed an HP officejet 8600 for a client. In the process, I updated Adobe reader to Adober Reader X.
The client was trying to print some multi page PDFs the next day and was getting garbage, not text. Continue reading
We had a Joomla site where the menu would not re-order properly. This seemed to occur after using Jupgrade to migrate the site from j 1.5.
I found a substantial amount of documentation about this on the Joomla forums and elsewhere. BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR SITE BEFORE TRYING ANY OF THESE FIXES. The consensus was: Continue reading
We have been using the Adminexile extension for Joomla. This is a tool to stop brute force attacks against the Admin account on the back end.
There is a possibility that the legitimate site owner could forget the key. Continue reading