Hardware, Software and Networking Services for Homes and Businesses
I have been providing computing support for homes and businesses since 1988.
Some of the services I offer are:
- Advice on new systems including desktops, printers/scanners and storage
- Printers and scanners: Installation and configuration
- Battery Backups: (did you know that the batteries in most UPS’s need to be replaced every three years?)
- Migrating from old to new machines
- Parts replacement: Hard drives, memory chips, power supplies.
Software Operating Systems
- Windows: all versions
- Ubuntu and other Linux OS’s.
- Using Virtualbox to run Ubuntu and other operating systems under Windows
Network Operating Systems
- Windows Server
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Global Policies
- Active Directory
- Wire homes, home offices and small businesses
- Wireless networking including signal boosters
- Network storage devices and cloud storage
- Physical wiring and Installation of drops
- Adding equipment without additional drops by means of local workgroup switches
- Configuring your existing and new equipment to work properly and effectively on your network.
- Troubleshooting wiring issues
- Office: Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Open Office Solutions: Office work a likes that are open source (free). LibreOffice and OpenOffice.
- Real Estate: WinTotal, Apex
- Image Manipulation: Photoshop, Gimp
Backups and Security
- Carbonite: Back up your critical data on the cloud
- Cobian Backup
- Anti Malware software
- Malware removal
- Syncing email, contacts and calendars between desktop and mobile devices.
- Android phone issues.
- VPN and RDP access to home computers.
- Connection of smart home devices such as cameras, thermostats and more.
- On site networking and computer consulting services are limited to 5 miles from 18966. Contact me for details.