Verizon droid freezing screen if USB is connected after market updates
My verizon droid phone was working great until yesterday. I updated a bunch of my apps via the Market.
Later on that night I noticed:
- When I connected the droid to a charger, it would freeze the screen. In other words, the screen was not responsive to inputs. As soon as I disconnect the charger, the phone is fine.
- When I connected the droid to the laptop I use to sync with, the laptop slowed to a crawl. The task manager on the laptop only showed about 25 percent CPU usage. As soon as I disconnected from the USB, things got back to normal.
The particulars are
- The provider is verizon
- The OS is at the latest version (Gingerbread)
- I have a LOT of apps from the market. I’m not sure which apps were updated.
- IE7 – High CPU Usage and slow response under vista
- Verizon FIOS – A wireless SSID mystery solved – Two SSIDs showing
- Droid Browser hijacked – and fixed.
- Sprint Aircard with Sprint Smartview and a Samsung Saga error
- The danger of charging kiosks (Juice Jacking) and easy ways to protect yourself
- Don’t use your laptop while naked
- Samsung Saga – keeping it charged
- Server 2003 End of Life – July 14 2015