HP laserjet pro 1102w runaway printing.
I just purchased an HP laserjet pro 1102w wireless laser printer. The pros are that it comes with a 700 page starter cartridge, it’s wireless and it has an ‘easy’ network install.
HOWEVER… listen up you HP folks… Tell your moron ‘programmers’ that WHEN I ASK TO PRINT ONE PAGE, I WANT ONE FREAKING PAGE.. NOT A FREAKING ENDLESS PRINT JOB..
I set the printer up for wireless printing and did the ‘smart install’. That seems like a really good idea. You simply browse to the printer with your web browser and select the ‘smart install’ tab (ie type the ip address of the printer into your browser address bar). The printer then installs the proper software on your computer.
I did that for my Windows Vista Home Premium Machine.. What happened was that sending ANY print job resulted in the print job being endlessly duplicated until the machine ran out of paper and you cleared the print job from the printer dialog on your machine.
I had my son run a test from his machine which is also a windows vista home premium machine. He had also installed from the ‘smart install’. Guess what… RUNAWAY PRINTING…
So, half of a freaking forest later, I’m still having the problem. I got the snow shovel and emptied the office of the paper that the 1102w (for whacko) printer spewed out. After some research, I found an HP document that gives a clue as to how to fix it. The answer is
- go to the control panel and printers
- right click on the hp 1102w
- Select properties
- Select the “ports” tab
- Uncheck ‘enable bidirectional printing”
- Vista Insanity – Not all printers are listed when printing
- Vista – No Steenking Print Preview
- “Access is denied” trying to re install an HP1102w on Windows 7 – SOLVED
- Vista Home Premium and a Photosmart A512 printer shared on XP
- Inkjet printer waste ink reserviors
- USPS online postage
- Printing with Google Gmail is slow or hangs
- Raytheon is 3d printing guided missiles