Droid Browser hijacked – and fixed.
I’m not sure how, but my verizon Droid-x browser was hijacked today. Every time I started the browser, it took me right to the market to the Badoo app. I’m not sure if the culprit was badoo or a third party.
This happened in spite of having lookout running.
Fortunately it appears that it was easy to fix. I went into settings, applications and selected Browser. I had to do a FORCE STOP. Then I cleared the Data and cache.
That seems to have fixed the problem. I did report this to the market from the Badoo application page in the Market.
This type of hijack really pisses me off in that there are times when you are in an emergency situation with your phone and need a no nonsense quick response.
One thing that can help would be to load at least two additional browsers, perhaps Firefox and Safari. That way, if you get hijacked, you have some redundancy.
- Verizon wireless and web favorites
- Verizon droid freezing screen if USB is connected after market updates
- Samsung Saga Reception
- 300 Bucks for a Verizon Samsung Saga THAT DOESN”T WORK
- Using Google Lighthouse / PageSpeed Insights to benchmark your sites.
- Finding a bad extension in chrome
- Setting browser caching
- The great mobile phone quest – Blackberry Storm and Curve ruled out.