Amazon drops affiliates in several states over tax laws.
A lot of people make money by placing advertising on their websites. Amazon is one of the programs publishers use. Several states decided that they are close to running out of other people’s money in order to fund their socialism. Therefore they are trying to collect taxes from people running amazon ads.
Amazon has decided to simply close it’s program to people living in those states and to drop all current publishers from their program.
Way to go state legislators.. In trying to collect more money to redistribute to the freeloaders, you have wrecked an income stream for thousands of hard working people.
August 28, 2013 version“In addition, if at any time following your enrollment in the Program you become a resident of Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, or Rhode Island, you will become ineligible to participate in the Program, and this Operating Agreement will automatically terminate, on the date you establish residency in that state. In addition, you must promptly notify us in writing of your Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, or Rhode Island residency, which you may do via the Contact Associates Customer Service form available here.”
- New York to try to charge sales tax on Intenet Purchases
- This is NOT the way to deal with misbehaving PCs
- Sprint Sierra Aircard on the road – Literally
- Getting “Wrap each selected line in a tag” with Ctrl + Shift + W working in Aptana
- Lower Merion Spy Cameras snapped 56000 pics of students
- Vista and Remote Differential Compression
- New Jersey Kommisar of Nannyism Subpoenas Records of Social Site