Centering Tables in Joomla with an Artisteer Template
Yes, I know.. Tables are deprecated.. However, they can be useful in certain cases.
I’ve always had trouble getting a table that was less than full width to center. Setting the alignment to “Center” in the table properties box (JCE) never seemed to work.. Well, that is because artisteer works with CSS.
The solution was simple. All you need to do is set the left and right margins.. So, if your table is 75% wide, you can set a left margin of 10% and a right margin of 15%.
To do this, go to the advanced tab of the table properties dialog in JCE. Then look for “STYLE”.. In that field, enter width: 75%; margin-left: 10%;
That should give you some control over a less than full width table. Keep in mind that this needs to be thoroughly tested to see if it is responsive for mobile devices.
We provide Joomla Consulting services. Visit us at whttp://www.cgmsystems.com/services-offered/web-design/joomla-cms.html for more information.
- How to override table settings for Joomla sites with Artisteer generated templates
- Width of Fabrik Fields in Joomla with an Artisteer Template in IE and FIrefox
- j17_finder_tokens error in Joomla Database
- Google will look at the mobile friendliness of your site as a ranking factor starting April 2015
- An easy but powerful mobile emulator in chrome.
- Responsive Headline and Slogan in WordPress with an Artisteer Template
- Joomla 2.5 Update Notifications.
- Formatting tables in Joomla