Checking a site for broken links.
Checking a site for broken links can be tedious and frustrating.
There is a commercial extension for Joomla that highlights bad links.
You can also go through your site page by page with something like the “Check my links” extension for chrome.
I found that the broken link checker at http://validator.w3.org/checklink works quite well. I ran the check against my site and chose a level of 3 links deep.
The results took a few minutes to appear. Once they did, I went down the list looking for broken links and then fixing them.
- Mass manipulation of the target and nofollow attributes in joomla
- DB Replacer – Mass changes for your Joomla Site
- Finding a bad extension in chrome
- Deleting COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ entries in the extension manager of a Joomla 3 site
- Removing spaces from filenames in Joomla sites
- Are you losing SEO because your WordPress Site is not set to force https?
- Adding the ability to make links “Nofollow” in WordPress
- Better control of user access in Joomla prior to 1.6