Server Problem, Please try later error with Google + Locations on Samsung S3 – SOLVED
I use the location sharing on Google + Locations. My Samsung Galaxy S III started giving an error of “Server problem – please try later” when I tried to update locations.
If I rebooted the phone, it seemed to give me a fresh location but then went right back to the error.
Google + locations was working fine on my Nexus 7.
I found a temporary solution in removing the Google + updates and setting Google + back to the device default. I went into settings, applications, Google +. There should be an option to uninstall updates. Once I did that , Google + went back to it’s old interface but it was now working and updating locations properly.
See my post at How to fix the Can’t Connect error with Google + (running on a Samsung Galaxy S3)
http://blog.chrismendlatech.com/2015/04/google-update-on-samsung-galaxy-s3.html You also need to disable updates for google +
UPDATE – Jan 2018. Given that most android devices have been updated several times since this issue it is most likely no longer relevant.
- Google + update on Samsung Galaxy S3 giving a Can’t Load Data Error – SOLVED (At least somewhat)
- Updating your WordPress plugins takes your site offline temporarily – Time things accordingly.
- We’ve moved..
- Companionlink stopped working around 10/3/13
- Google Plus location sharing wasn’t working on an android.
- WordPress crash after updating BackupWordPress to v 3.9 – June 10 2019
- Freeing up space on an Android Phone (or other device)
- Guardzilla won’t work with my Moto XT