Deleting COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ entries in the extension manager of a Joomla 3 site
I had some entries labeled COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ in the extension manager of a Joomla 3.4.x site. The site has been around as long as Joomla 1.5. I’m not sure how they ended up on the site but after some checking, it was apparent that they were not needed. The fact that they showed up at the beginning of the extension list was getting annoying.
Some of the posts available indicated that the entries might be a result of problems with a language pack. I overwrote the English-GB language from a download of the Joomla 3.4.3 download. I also played around with the language settings but that had no effect.
I could not delete the entries from the extension manager. I went into PhpMyAdmin AFTER A FULL AKEEBA BACKUP and found the _extensions table. I looked for the id numbers which were showing in the extension manager.. i.e. 10002 – 10008. I deleted those entries.
The extension manager is now back to normal and is no longer showing the COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ entries.
NOTE – Before playing with the tables you need to have a reliable backup of the site. There is always the possibility of bricking your site.
Chris Mendla provides Joomla Consulting services- -Use the contact form on this page for a quick response.
- j17_finder_tokens error in Joomla Database
- Joomla Backups
- J-Google-Adsense extension for Joomla showing wrong publisher ID
- Workaround when admin menus aren’t working in Joomla 1.5.x
- A quick way to clear the redirect list in Joomla
- Solved – Menu won’t reorder in Joomla after migration from 1.5
- Removing obsolete database tables from your Joomla site.
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef