Creating Entity Relationship Diagrams in Rails.
I wanted to visualize the associations in a rails project. There are a number of gems that will do this.
I found the following guide
You simply add the gem to your gemfile
group :development do
Since I’m running ubuntu, I had to install Graphviz with
sudo apt-get install graphviz
For it’s basic usage, just do a bundle install, then run erd from the command line
- Use whoami to check before running bundle install so you don’t run it as root
- Running Rails Console in production while using Spring
- Viewing your SQLLite Data (Ruby on Rails beginners)
- Managing Multiple Ruby Versions in Windows
- Tried to use Westhost’s preferred cpanel hosting for Rails — NO GO
- Ubuntu – Do NOT delete the lock file if you see a ‘could not get lock’ when trying to install an app.
- Rails- How to tell the type of a column.
- Adding a launcher via Gnome Panel in Ubuntu